It’s finally here!!! ::Jumps in the air for joy:: I’ve been telling you guys about the super special February birthday curlBOX and it’s finally here!
Why is it super special to me? Well not only is curlBOX celebrating all of its amazing success in this past year by turning one, but they asked me to be on the cover of the curlBOX magazine for this exciting moment!
Now this box was promised to deliver awesomness … and awesome is an understatement. The birthday box is bigger than ever including five very full sized products to please your precious strands!
Don’t get it? Here is this months box (left) next to a normal sized monthly box (right)…
Now, let’s get to it and see what’s inside! Ahhhh!!!
First up, these big a** PANTENE bottles!!! One thing I absolutely love about having a curlBOX subscription, is that I’m introduced to all of these new products to try on my curls for just $20 a month. I don’t know if I’ve been in the dark, but I didn’t know Pantene Pro-V had a “Truly Natural Hair” line. Did you? See, this is why I appreciate curlBOX. I received four full sized bottles from the Truly Natural line including:
-Co-wash Cleansing Conditioner
-Defining Curls Styling Custard (I used this right after opening the box lol and love the way my curls look. I promise to do a separate review on this later).
Next up, Dark & Lovely has some new products up their sleeve as well with their Au Natural Anti-Shrinkage Line! Here is what I received:
- 10-in-1 Styles Gelée with Mango Oil & Bamboo Milk
- A sample packet of the Coil Moisturizing Soufflé
- A sample packet of the Curl Defining Creme Glaze
BONUS: A sample packet of the Hair Rules Quench Ultra Rich Conditioner & (pictured above) a coupon for $2 off the Creme of Nature with Argan Oil line.
I can’t wait to give these products a go! I will definitely be sure to report back to you ladies on what I love!
Now, on to the magazine and letter from the Editor!
Let me tell you something about the curlBOX founder Myleik Teele. She is one of the hardest working women I’ve ever met and I remember the first time I met her, something about her spirit made me gravitate towards her. I’m so happy for her and all of the success she’s had with curlBOX, and most of all how she’s made a difference in the lives of curly girls everywhere! I mean, who was doing this before she was? We all owe her a HUGE THANK YOU!
In the “Letter from the Editor”, Myleik shares some key things she’s taken away from her own personal journey with curlBOX.
1. Never stop learning. “Books can take you from one way of thinking into another realm, changing your life by changing your thoughts.”
2. Run your own race— there’s enough room for each of us! One of her favorite quotes is from Oscar Wilde: “Be yourself, everyone else is taken.”
3. Myleik shares, “I hope the images you see on our curlBLOG, Instagram, and Facebook pages show you a vision of textured hair that can’t be defined. There’s enough space for each of us to do our thing and for us to continue to introduce you to all the new brands designed with YOUR unique texture in mind.”
I want to thank Myleik and curlBOX for letting me be apart of this awesome opportunity!
Keep doing it for the fly girls!!
FYI: If you weren’t able to get your February subscription, the list is opening back up tomorrow (Saturday, February 16th) at 3pm EST for Volume 2 of the birthday box. Do not play, because last time the list was closed within an hour. At 3pm, go to http://shop.curlbox.com/ and get it crackin!
For more behind-the-scenes pictures from the photo shoot, revisit this post :)