I havn’t blogged in a little over a week and I apologize for this. Everyone comes to a point in their life where they become consumed in everything other than their passion. I’ve encountered writer’s block more than I care to mention, and when that happens I would rather say nothing at all than to give you a weak post for that day.
Now to the meat of this post …. I have nothing but faith in God as to where he decides to lead me in life. I’ve had my “dream job” and I’ve had to work in fields where I didn’t understand why I was there. It’s been an uphill battle, and I’m sure a lot of you can relate.
After church this morning, I started to look through my notes taken at previous services. (Note taking was my favorite thing to do in school because I just love to write… so naturally I think I take pretty good notes lol.)
Each of the points I want to share with you today have given me hope, inspiration, major motivation, and have made my faith and relationship with God even stronger.
1. You can’t have a “testimony” before you have a “test.”
2. Mediocrity is just the best of the worst and the worst of the best. To launch out into the deep, you must be willing to leave the safety of where you are.
3. Live for something greater than yourself and make an impact on others.
4. The reason what you have is all you have, is because that’s all you see yourself having! You have to believe and change your vision past/beyond where you are. Move beyond just having a vision, and walk by faith.
5. When you are aligned with God, he will bless you with things to see your way through the dark, while others stumble through.
6. Plan —> Pray —> Execute. (if you aim at nothing you will hit it every time.)
7. When you’re building something, you just need a few people who have your back. Not the whole in-crowd.
8. When God is working through and on you, don’t tell everyone your business. People will try to talk you out of God’s vision for you.
9. Stop accepting partial accomplishments! While you have the passion and the drive, finish it! The enemy doesn’t want you to finish, he will distract you!
10. You have to move from “seeing it” to “seizing it”. Opportunities are only seized by those who are prepared!
So, my message to you is that whatever you want to do in life … go for it! Remember these things that I shared with you today. Don’t allow anyone to discourage you out of following your dreams. Sometimes the path to your dreams make sense and other times it can appear completely random. But I am a strong believer that everything happens for a reason.
A good friend of mine shared this with me recently:
"Throughout your journey in life, instead of always being focused on the end result of your career and dreams, you need to learn how to fall in love with the process. Once you’ve fallen in love with the process and given everything you’ve got, your journey will be easier and more enjoyable. You will end up where you are supposed to end up."
This is a positive way of looking at things! To end this post on something light, here’s a message I shared on my Instagram that helps me get through :)
Where you’re going is better than where you’ve been! Can I get an AMEN!? ;)
**UPDATE: I am overwhelmed at all of the texts, emails, tweets, and blog comments I have gotten after writing this post. It came from a very sincere and genuine place and I am grateful that God’s used me to inspire, motivate, and encourage others to follow their dreams and not give up! Keep going loves!