Ok, so I posted this step by step guide a little over a year ago on how to properly bleach your own eyebrows at home. I love to experiment with color in my hair, so naturally when I went blonde two summers ago, that called for lifting the shade of my brows to be a little lighter. Bleach blonde hair paired with jet black brows were entirely too harsh for my face.
I know some of you ladies have been itching to take your hair color to the next level in time for summer, so I thought it appropriate to make things a little easier for you. If you opt out of getting your brows colored at the salon, here is an easy step by step guide on how to do it yourself at home!
Because I color my hair, and my eyebrows are naturally very dark, I have to bleach them from time to time to compliment my hair :) (the things girls go through lol) It takes me anywhere from 10-15 minutes to do, because I usually have to bleach them twice for the color to take (as you can see above).
I use the Jolen Creme Bleach Kit available at Walgreens for around $6. It’s gentle, doesn’t break out my skin and most of all, is easy to do at home! Here’s a step by step guide to bleaching your own brows at home:
**BEFORE ANYTHING: Test out the bleach on a small patch of hair on your arm & wait 24 hours to be sure you don’t have an allergic reaction.
1. Wash the eyebrow area with cold water and a gentle face wash.
2. Take the spatula and measure out about one half teaspoon of creme.
3. Clean the spatula, and measure about a quarter teaspoon powder and place on the tray. Mix well.
4. Apply the mixture with the spatula and completely (& carefully) cover the area of hair you want bleached.
5. Leave on for 10 minutes.
6. Gently remove with a cool damp washcloth (one you don’t mind getting stained lol)
7. If the area isn’t as bleached as you would like, reapply the mixture and apply for another 5 to 10 minutes.
8. All done!